We have onsite physical, occupational, and speech therapy services that can meet your needs and keep you close to home. Whether you live on our campus or are visiting, our comprehensive therapy programs expand to anyone in the community.
The therapists at Christian Community Home work together as part of the interdisciplinary team with nursing, dietary, therapeutic recreation and social services to design therapy programs that facilitate independence for our community residents..
Physical Therapy (PT)
Works to restore physical functioning to help keep adults at their highest level of independence. PT works with their clients to assist with a variety of physical conditions, including:
- Exercise programs to help increase muscle function, coordination, endurance and mobility.
- Training in bed mobility, gait stability, posture and positioning.
- Joint and soft tissue mobilization to increase range of motion.
- Pain management.
- Adaptive equipment training.
- Balance training.
Occupational Therapy (OT)
Uses therapeutic activities to assist individuals in adapting to their social and physical environment. Therapists adapt tasks and modify the environment to enhance each client’s ability to function. OT can assist in the following areas:
- Educating and training in daily living skills; dressing, bathing, eating, and grooming.
- Activities for memory, orientation, and cognitive integration.
- Adaptive techniques or equipment to overcome physical disabilities.
- Strengthening and coordination exercises.
- Exercises to reduce the effects of arthritis or other conditions to maintain normal joint movement.
Speech-Language Pathologists (SLP)
Addresses problems people have with communication, swallowing, or cognition. SLPs aid in the recovery of speech, language, swallowing and a variety of cognitive deficits. Treatment plans are individually designed, addressing areas such as:
- Verbal and non-verbal communication, including the use of augmentative systems.
- Oral muscle strength and function for speaking and swallowing.
- Swallowing skills and techniques for safety.
- Memory, orientation, and judgment skills for safety in one’s environment.
To contact therapy regarding a screen by a qualified therapist, or to complete an evaluation, please call 715-294-1116.
We are ready to serve you, and your rehabilitative needs.